LED lighting application plant Huaxing's January revenue was NT$158 million, a record high. However, Huaxing said that due to the impact of restricted working days in February, revenue will show a slight decline.
Huaxing's consolidated revenue in January was 158 million yuan, a monthly growth of 20.2%, a year-on-year growth of 87.8%, and also exceeded the 142 million yuan in October 2009.
Among Huaxing's revenue share, low-temperature LED lighting revenue increased by about 15 million yuan, home appliance parts were about 11 million yuan, and low-temperature lighting grew by nearly 60%.
It is estimated that due to the 2010 Lunar New Year, the revenue in February should decline.
In addition, in order to enrich working capital and repay bank loans, the company applied for the issuance of NT$200 million convertible corporate bonds at a price of 25.77 yuan per share.
Metal Core PCB , MCPCB Manufacturing Service
Metal Core PCB uses a base metal material as the heat spreader portion of the circuit board. Base metals in the MCPCB are used as an alternative to FR4 or CEM-3 boards for the ability to dissipate heat away from critical board components and to less crucial areas such as the metal heat sink backing or metallic core.
The metal core of the Thermal PCB can be aluminum (Aluminum Core PCB), copper (copper core PCB or a Heavy Copper PCB ) or a mixture of special alloys. The aluminum core PCB is most common.
Conventional PCB use FR4 epoxy glass-based material on both sides of a board. However, with the growing popularity of light-emitting diode or LED technology, metal core Printed Circuit Board or MCPCB are being deployed to deal with the increased heat LEDs generate.
Today, metal core PCB are finding greater numbers of applications in the automobile industry, traffic light signal technology, in commercial buildings, shopping malls, and even inside homes.
MCPCB use either an aluminum or copper core with the bottom side of the board serving as the heat sink. MCPCB are also used to dissipate heat in intense power-generating analog circuitry.
Metal core PCB are connected through mounting holes and screws through a box build's chassis. In this arrangement, heat is not only dissipated through the metal core, but it is also transmitted to the chassis. Hence, an LED or analog device-populated board has a considerably larger surface finish for the purpose of dissipating that heat.
But here's a word of caution about using MCPCB â€“ actually two things to be cautious about.
- One, you need to know that making an MCPCB is complex and complicated because a metal layer is laminated with FR4, a glass-base material. Therefore, the chemistry for lamination is different during board fabrication. There is a fair possibility that there would be voids underneath the lamination, if it is not bonded properly.
- Two, a fixture to dissipate the heat from the metal core needs to be carefully defined and designed. Both these concerns demand experience.
At JHYPCB, we've been doing this for a long time, as one of professional MCPCB/ Aluminum PCB manufacturers from ShenZhen, China. We can produce Metal Core PCB Prototype or aluminum PCB prototyping, aluminium PCB Board for led, No Quantity Requirements, and can successfully guide you through your next MCPCB project. We have worked with over half a dozen LED manufacturers over ten years and have seen enormous amounts of different applications using MCPCB.
Choose us to provide PCB Manufacturing services for you. Contact us immediately.
How Do Metal Core Circuit Boards Differ From FR4 Boards?
The dielectric material`s thermal conductivity is measured in Watts per meter, Kelvin (W/mK.) A 2.0W rating is fairly common; such material is approximately 6x-7x as thermally conductive as FR4. Best practice is to keep the dielectric layer as thin as possible. Doing so creates the shortest possible path from the heat source to the metal backing plate which is many times more thermally conductive than the dielectric material. Most of the materials come in a very limited range of thicknesses anyway, usually between .003" and .006". You won`t have all that much opportunity to specify something thicker that could diminish the effectiveness of the material at performing its thermal transfer function.
The metal backing plate used on the bottom side is the thickest element in the structure. It is available in several different thicknesses but it is best to use one of the three most common (1.0mm, 1.5mm, and 3.2mm) because they are the easiest to purchase without delays. The metal layer adds rigidity, keeps the circuit flat, and adds enough thickness so that the MCPCB can use the same mounting hardware that would be used for any other standard thickness circuit board. The metal plate side of the board does not receive any surface finish or soldermask.
Metal Core PCB Vs. Fr4 PCB Comparison
- Conductivity: FR4 has low thermal conductivity, typically around 0.3W, while MCPCB has higher thermal conductivity, ranging from 1.0W-4.0W, most commonly around 2.0W.
- Plated Through Holes: FR4 PCB typically uses plated through holes. Through hole components possible if required. In MCPCB, plated through holes are not available for 1-layer PCB. All components are surface-mounted.
- Thermal Relief: Thermal relief in FR4 PCB typically involves vias for heat transfer. Longer drill cycle, adds many processes. MCPCB materials provide their own thermal relief. Via drilling, deposition, and plating processes are eliminated.
- Solder Mask: FR4 PCB solder mask is typically dark colors (green, red, blue, black.) Usually applied top and bottom. MCPCB solder mask are almost exclusively white for LED boards. Applied to top only.
- Thickness: FR4 PCB has a wide range of thicknesses available using various material combinations and layer counts. MCPCB thickness variation is limited by available backing plate thicknesses and dielectric sheet thicknesses.
- Machining Process: FR4 PCB uses standard machining practices (drilling, routing, v-scoring, countersink, counterbore) while MCPCB uses the same machining as FR4, except that v-score must use diamond coated saw blades for the added strain from cutting into metal.
Material for Metal Core PCB
Metal Core PCB means the core (base) material for PCB is the metal, not the normal FR4/CEM1-3, etc. and currently the most common metal used for MCPCB manufacturer are Aluminum, Copper and steel alloy. Aluminum has good heat transferring and dissipation ability, but yet relatively cheaper; copper has even better performance but relatively more expensive, and steel can be divided into normal steel and stainless steel. It more rigid than both aluminum and copper, but thermal conductivity is lower than them too. People will choose their own base/core material according to their different application.
1. Aluminum PCB
Aluminum PCB , also, it is called Aluminium PCB, metal core PCB, MCPCB, IMS(Insulated metal substracte).
Aluminum PCB have 3 parts:
- Circuit Layer (Copper Layer)
- Dielectric Layer(Insulated Layer)
- Substrate Layer(Metal layer)
Aluminum Clad PCB
Available as 1 layer Non-Plated Through Hole (single sided), And 2+ layer Plated through Hole. Ideal application for LED lighting, power supply solutions. Aluminium Clad Benefits Include:
- Lower operating temperature.
- Reduce printed circuit board size.
- Increase power density.
- Extend the life of dies.
- Reduce the number of interconnects.
- Improve product thermal and mechanical performance.
- Combine power and control.
- Improve product durability.
- Enable better use of surface mount technology.
- Expedite heat sinks and other mounting hardware.
- Replace fragile ceramic substrates with greater mechanical durability
- Price is based on the requirement of LED PCB
- PCB thickness: 0.6 â€“ 3.0mm, always thickness more ,price higher
- Thermal conductivity: 1.0 â€“ 10 W/m.k , thermal conductivity higher, price higher
- Material factory: Bergquist, Laird ETC, made in US factory that is more expensive than China.
2. Copper Core PCB
Copper core PCB is a copper substrate + Insulated layer + copper
Copper core PCB is a copper substrate + Insulated layer + copper circuits layer PCB, also, it is called copper substrate pcb, copper based pcb, copper clad pcb.
As a MCPCB manufacturer, we made various Copper core PCB for customers, Which used for High Power LED lighter ( 1000W+ ) and power supply.
In LED field, there are 4 types of Copper based Circuit Board.
COB Copper PCB(Chip on Board copper PCB)
Direct thermal path, no dielectric layer under the thermal path pad.
Direct thermal path, no dielectric layer,Aluminum-copper pcb.
The iron-based PCB use material for the base is from special steel, silicon steel and ect in stand of FR4 or CEM1 and can dissipate heat away from critical board components and to less crucial areas such as metallic core or the metal heatsink backing.
China PCB manufacturers becomes more and more professional on Iron-Based PCB.
The Iron-based PCB has all the functions as metal materical and the following particular characteristics:
- Vacancy area convenient for further machinery , procuring and fixing of the base ;
- High mechanic strength, good forther machinery suitable for the assembly heaven electronic parts on its surface;
- Silicon-steel is iron magnetic, and can be applied on micro-motors such as on VTR, FDD.
Metal Core PCB Thickness
The thickness of metal cores in PCB base plates is typically 30 mil - 125 mil, but thicker and thinner plates are possible.
MCPCB copper foil thickness can be 1 - 10 oz.
Benefits of Metal Core PCB Fabrication
Metal Core PCB Fabrication produces a product that transfers heat up to nine times more rapidly than a typical FR4 PCB. The laminates in MCPCB's dissipate heat which ensures that components which generate heat will remain cooler. This leads to a longer operating life as well as maximized performance for such components.
Applications of Metal Core PCB Fabrication
Although LED-based Solid State Light technologies have countless advantages, they inherently produce significant amounts of heat. This makes Metal Core PCB Fabrication helpful for applications like:
- General Lighting
- Automotive Systems
- Power Converters (industrial, telecom, power supplies, and high voltage regulators)
- Street Safety (lighting, streetlights, etc.)
- Back Light Applications
Other applications that are ideal for MCPCB integration are solar panels and motion control applications. We can also combine metal core with our HDI PCB technology. We also offer other advanced circuit technology including Flexible PCB Rigid PCB , and Rigid Flex PCB .
Metal Core PCB manufacturing process
Metal Core PCB Manufacturing Capability
LED Lighting and MCPCB (Metal Core PCB)
Understanding the Importance of Metal Core PCBs
METAL CORE PCB VS STANDARD CIRCUIT BOARDS
Metal Core PCB is the best source for the heat transformation
Are Metal Core PCBs the Solution to Your Thermal Management Challenges?
Metal Core PCB
Printable Circuit Boards,Metal Core PCB,Metal Core Led PCB,Metal Core PCB Prototype
JingHongYi PCB (HK) Co., Limited , http://www.pcbjhy.com